Insulating your house is a critical job in northern places, and finding the right form of insulating material that fits all your requirements can sometimes be hard. Previously most houses were insulated with Asbestos; the use of Asbestos has been banned in many developed countries worldwide as a result of side effects. A lot of things happen to be made utilizing asbestos, due to its many natural and chemical components. Asbestos is a set of six naturally occurring silicate materials, made up from thin fibrous crystals, it’s a very strong material resistant to fire and also heat, it has average tensile strength and in addition it is resistant against chemical damage and doesn’t conduct electrical current, what’s more, it works well being a noise barrier, all these features make it a perfect candidate for insulation purposes and various other things like patio and garden furniture, car braking systems, etc. The utilization of Asbestos for insulation came into common use in the late 19th century in bloom with the industrial revolution. Only until a few decades ago, in the late 70’s more research was done over the health side effects asbestos have on the body and we realized it really is such a significant threat.
The commonest way of being exposed to asbestos is actually by being surrounded by them and shifting them or disturbing them, in this manner you breathe the air with flowing fibres. The fibres make their way to your lungs and after several months, years, decades irritating your throat and lungs eventually causing inflammation and scarring with the bronchioles or throat, which might consequently lead to serious respiratory system complications.
Asbestos has become a classified carcinogenic in many developed countries since the late 70’s. Studies have shown that contact with asbestos can result in cancer of the lung in addition to a somewhat rare cancer within the membranes that line the chest and abdomen. Exposure to asbestos may additionally add to the chance of a condition known as “Asbestosis”, that is an inflammatory condition affecting the lungs which often can cause shortness of breath, coughing and long term lung damage. All these illnesses from asbestos particle exposure are very unlikely, unless you are regularly exposed to asbestos fibres in the air. It’s considered smart to eliminate asbestos from your home, but get it done by a specialist. A specialist would have all of the equipment required and is an expert who wouldn’t risk his/her own life or that of the people currently in your house.